The Lucky Bunny Cleft Kit can reduce the number of abandoned children by giving families the tools and information to care for their child while connecting them with organizations that offer free surgery and support.
The Lucky Bunny Cleft Kit 1 = $15
The Lucky Bunny Cleft Kit 3 = $45
The Lucky Bunny Cleft Kit 5 = $75
The Lucky Bunny Cleft Kit 10 = $150
A few weeks ago there was a story in the news about a baby who was buried alive. The baby had a cleft lip/palate (CLP) and a heart defect. The parents panicked. http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/14/asia/china-baby-buried-alive/
Babies born with cleft lip/palate have a hard time drinking milk because the hole in the top of their mouth and need a specialized bottle to eat and training on how to use the bottle. Often families in poor rural areas bring home thier child and discover that they cannot feed their child and after days of frusteration will abandon their hungry child. Our plan is to supply hospitals and clinics with Cleft Kits to being given to the family the day of birth. If we can help families get through the first few months and connect them with one of the many organizations offering free surgery we believe we can significantly reduce the number of children abandoned.
- A box will be given to each family with a CLP baby at the hospital or clinic the day of birth.
- Each box will contain equipment to care for a CLP baby for the first three months of life.
- The total cost for each box will be 88 RMB or 15 USD
The Lucky Bunny Cleft Kit contains:
- -2 cleft bottles
- instructional DVD and written instructions on how to use feed cleft child
- Information Packet containing general information on CLP, where to get support.
- Information and contact information on where to get free surgery.
- Information on other conditions and organizations that work with related issues like CHD, speech, etc.
I have heard that up to 50% of children born with cleft are abandoned. If even 1% of these boxes stops a family from abandoning it will be well worth the effort.
We are looking for $5000 to get through the first phase of our plan. If you have any questions please contact Naomi